Thoughts of wedding gowns, venues, married life, engagement rings, and oh so many other wedding related thoughts have been filling my mind these days. As a single girl I thought waiting for the love of my life to come around was difficult. As a girl who is in love with him, waiting for that blissful day to come is so much more difficult.
I cannot express to you the longing I have to be his and for him to be mine. The longing grows with each day that passes.
Our longing for the coming of the Lord should be the same way. Each day that passes should grow our love for Him and our desire to be His for all eternity. Each day should contain a growing of affection for Him that deteriorates our affection for even the most precious worldly things.
I praise God for the gift of a man whom I am so in love with, but I praise Him more for the love of the One who will never fade or pass away. All the sweet gifts here and now are only a small taste of the divine richness of who He is.
I understand more what Romans 8:22-25 is talking about.
May we long for our precious Savior more than all else in this world and may we patiently wait with hope for that day when He returns.
22.5.09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment